COVID-19 hygiene procedures
We have made many changes to make our guests as super safe and as comfortable as possible exceeding, wherever possible, HM Government’s anti COVID-19 advice.
Please be assured that:
- All our team members have been fully trained in anti COVID-19 safety requirements .We operate to strict and rigid standards. Non compliance is a disciplinary offence. Team members undergo bi weekly lateral flow tests.They are also required make daily health certifications and are daily temperature checked.They are mandated to wear entirely fresh and clean clothes plus fresh, clean uniforms daily.
- We request wherever possible that you only book on line: that way we can be sure we have your correct details for NHS ‘Track & Trace” purposes. Please provide the name and telephone number of all adults (over 16 yrs old) in the “Comments “ section of the online booking form.
- We kindly request that you only enter via the car park entrance and that upon arrival you wash your hands in the adjacent loos (or at least use the hand sanitiser provided).We hope you understand that in accordance with HMG advice we will need to refuse access to any non compliant guest.
- We request please that you do not bring with you anything that might be contaminated e.g birthday cake/ balloons etc, umbrellas etc. We ask please that you place your own coats on the coat hooks provided
- Entry is controlled via a rope barrier, guest details are then checked and your individual temperatures are taken.
- Your table and environs are individually and certifiably fully sanitised after each customer and before your arrival.
- We have installed “snugs” in our bar area and use new screens/partitioning elsewhere
- All team members wear face masks/visors.
- Team members thoroughly wash their hands each time a table is served or crockery/cutlery/ glassware is touched ( and as advised by HMG do not ordinarily wear disposable gloves).This process is necessarily time consuming (and social distancing rules mean that we need to operate with reduced numbers of team members) so please bear with us if your service is not as speedy at busy times.
- Loos and touch points are thoroughly sanitised at least every 30 minutes
- The whole pub is deep cleaned at least twice per day.
- Automatic taps, automatic hand soap and automatic hand sanitiser dispensers have been installed for your comfort and safety
- We use single use disposable menus and drinks lists.
- We offer a contactless service . Food and drink will be placed on a service tray next to your table for you to help yourselves. Alternatively, now that most ‘at risk’ categories have been vaccinated in the UK, we are happy to offer a plate to table service, if you would prefer.
- All cutlery, crockery and glassware are brought fresh and clean to your table on your service tray. Service trays are individually sanitised for each customer
- We are operating with reduced cover numbers to respect social distancing requirements. We therefore request that your table is vacated within 2 hours of your reserved time to allow other guests to dine with us. Please do let us know if this cause you any potential difficulties.
- Our tables are socially distanced (normally 2 metres) from each other. However, we work on the basis that the guests sitting on your table will NOT be socially distancing from each other. Please inform us in advance if your requirements are different.
- Please order and pay at your table only.
- Please note we do not accept any cash (including cash tips )but all card gratuities paid to the team.
- We request please that our guests only exit via the garden/decking entrance
- Finally, we have a super strong air extraction system. We also keep one window partially open in each section of the pub to ensure that there is a free flow of fresh air in the building
Thanks for your help and cooperation in helping us keep you and our team super safe.